Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Runway markings are always what color? Taxiway markings are always what color?
Threshold, or displaced threshold on a runway is what?
Place where landing area starts.
Taxiway hold line is marked with?
- 2 solid and 2 dashed yellow lines.
- You have permission to cross if you approach from the side with the dashes. You must have clearance if approaching from the side with the solid lines.
Taxiway signs: red indicates?
Mandatory instruction signs. They are areas you don't want to taxi without a clearance, such as runway entrances.
Taxiway signs: black with yellow lettering indicates?
A location sign. "Black square, you're there."
Taxiway signs: yellow signs with black lettering indicates?
- Direction, destination and information.
- Used at instersections to point in the direction you would turn for a different taxiway.
- Visual Approach Slope Indicator
- 4 lights arranged in a 'square'
- Precision Approach Slope Indicator.
- 4 horizontal lights
Automatic squelch is what?
- Can be disabled by pulling the PULL/TEST?OFF knob on the radio.
- This enables background noise so you can hear a weak transmission.
List the squawk codes: VFR, Emergency, Lost Communications, Hijack, Military Intercept
Flying from a large airport, the first person you might want to talk to is?
- Clearance delivery
- Ground Control
- Departure Control
After landing, how do you interact with the tower?
Wait for the tower to tell you to change to ground.
Flying into a large airport, the first person you might want to talk to is?
- Approach Control
Radio flow of information:
- Who to: who you're calling
- Who from: who you are
- Where: your location
- What: your request and additional information
Frequencies are spoken how?
- Using each digit and the decimal point.
- One Two Eight point Three Five: 128.35
Altitude should be stated how?
In thousands and hundreds of feet. Three Thousand Eight Hundreed Feet.
Light gun signal (on ground), flashing white, means?
Return to starting point at airport
Light gun signal (on ground), steady green, means?
Cleared for takeoff.
Light gun signal (on ground), flashing green, means?
Cleared to taxi.
Light gun signal (on ground), steady red, means?
Light gun signal (on ground), flashing red, means?
Get off the runway in use!
Light gun signal (on ground), alternating red and green, means?
General Warning-Caution. Continue with what you're doing, but be careful.
Light gun signal (airborne), flashing white, means?
Light gun signal (airborne), steady green, means?
Cleared to land
Light gun signal (airborne), flashing green, means?
Return for landing
Light gun signal (airborne), steady red, means?
Give way and continue circling
Light gun signal (airborne), flashing red, means?
Airport Unsafe-No landing!
Light gun signal (airborne), alternating red and green?
- General Warning-Caution.
- Continue with what you're doing, but be careful.
Spin is what?
A stall in which one wing is more fully stalled than the other.
How to enter traffic pattern nordo- see page 4-28
see page 4-28
How to break a spin- page 4-35