Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
1. having or characterized by many transient sexual relationships."she's a wild, promiscuous, good-time girl"synonyms:licentious, sexually indiscriminate, immoral, unchaste, debauched, dissolute, dissipated, profligate, of easy virtue, fast; Morelibertine, wanton, abandoned, unrestrained, uncontrolled, incontinent; informaleasy, swinging; informalroundheeled; informalslack; informalsluttish, whorish, tarty, slaggy; datedloose, fallen; archaiclight; rareriggish "despite what you seem to think, I have never been promiscuous"antonyms:chaste, moral, pure
2. demonstrating or implying an unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual."the city fathers were promiscuous with their honours"synonyms:indiscriminate, undiscriminating, unselective, random, irresponsible, haphazard, thoughtless, unthinking, unconsidered, casual, careless More"the promiscuous popping of antibiotics hasn't helped his T-cell count"antonyms:careful, selectiveconsisting of a wide range of different things."Americans are free to choose from a promiscuous array of values"
- 1. able to be maintained at a certain rate or level."sustainable economic growth"conserving an ecological balance by avoiding depletion of natural resources."our fundamental commitment to sustainable development"
2. able to be upheld or defended."sustainable definitions of good educational practice"
nouns: 生態, 社會生態學
- Ecology is the scientific study of interactions among organisms
- and their environment, such as the interactions organisms have with each
- other and with their abiotic environment.
- Mammals are a clade of endothermic amniotes distinguished from the
- reptiles and the birds by the possession of hair, three middle ear
- bones, mammary glands in females, and a neocortex.
- hippopotamus, or hippo, from the ancient Greek for "river horse", is a
- large, mostly herbivorous mammal in sub-Saharan Africa, and one of only
- two extant species in the family Hippopotamidae.