The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
You shall take a wife, be fruitful and multiply.
- Genesis 1:28
- G-d blessed them and G-d said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, fill the earthand subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth."
Hashem said to Abraham, "And as for you, you shall keep My covenant- you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is My covenant which you shall keep between Me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and that shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. At the age of eight days every male among you shall be circumcised,..."
- Genesis 17:9-12
- You shall circumcise your male children on the 8th day.
"The sun rose for him as he passed Penuel and he was limping on his hip. Therefore the Children of Israel are not to eat the displaced sinew on the hip-socket to this day, because he struck Jacob's hip-socket on the displaced sinew."
- Genesis 32:32
- You shall not eat the sinew of the thigh vein.
"This month shall be for you the beginning of the months, it shall be for you the first of the months of the year."
- Exodus 12:2
- You shall determine the appointed times by observing New Moon.
"They shall take some of its blood and place it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses in which they will eat it."
- Exodus 12:6-7
- You shall slaughter the korban Pesach at twilight 1 of Nissan.
"They shall eat the flesh on that night-roasted over the fire-and matzot; with bitter herbs shall they eat it."
- Exodus 12:8
- You shall eat the Pesach with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.
"You shall not eat it partially roasted or cooked in water; only roasted over fire-its head, its legs, with its innards."
- Exodus 12:9
- You shall not eat the Pesach unless it is roasted whole in fire.
"You shall not leave any of it until morning; any of it that is left until morning you shall burn in the fire."
- Exodus 12:10
- You shall not allow any of the Pesach to remain.
"For a seven day period shall you eat matzot, but on the previous day you shall nullify the leaven from your homes; for anyone who eats leavened food- that soul be cut off from Israel, from the first day to the seventh day."
- Exodus 12:15
- You shall remove all Chametz from your home before Pesach.
"In the first [month], on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening shall you eat matzot, until the twenty-first day of the month in the evening."
- Exodus 12:18
- You shall eat only unleavened bread during Chag Matzah.
"For seven days, leaven may not be found in your houses, for anyone who eats leavening-that soul shall be cut off from the assembly of Israel, whether a convert or a native of the land."
- Exodus 12:19
- You shall not possess any Chametz during Chag Matzah.
"You shall not eat any leavening; in all your dwellings shall you eat matzot."
- Exodus 12:20
- You shall not eat anything with leaven during Chag Matzah.
"Hashem said to Moses and Aaron, "This is the decree of the pesach-offering: no alienated person may eat from it. Every slave of a man, who was brought for money, you shall circumsise him; then he may eat of it."
- Exodus 12:43-44
- You shall not allow any uncircumcised alien to eat of the Pesach.
"A sojourner and a hired laborer may not eat it."
- Exodus 12:45
- You shall not allow any sojourner to eat of the Pesach.
"In one house shall it be eaten; you shall not remove any of the meat from the house to the outside,..."
- Exodus 12:46a
- You shall not remove the Pesach from your house until morning.
", and you shall not break a bone in it."
- Exodus 12:46b
- You shall not break any bone of the Pesach
"When a proselyte sojourns among you he shall make the pesach-offering for Hashem, each of his males shall be circumcised, and then he may draw near to perform it and he shall be like the native of the land; no circumcised male may eat of it."
- Exodus 12:48
- You shall not allow any uncircumcised person eat of the Pesach.
"Moshe said to the people, "Remember this day on which you departed from Egypt, from the house of bondage, for with a strong hand Hashem removed you from here, and therefore chametz may not be eaten."
- Exodus 13:3
- You shall not eat any leavened bread during Chag Matzah.
"Santify to Me every firstborn, the first issue of every womb among the Children of Israel, of man and beast, is Mine."
- Exodus 13:2
- You shall santify the first born of man and animals.