Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- slight increase in tort costs, but due Gulf of Mexico spill; otherwise slight decrease
- cost per person slightly increased as well
- ratio of tort costs to GDP declines for a second year
Context (U.S. economy)
- lower level of economic activity suggests opportunities for tort actions have decreased
- notable decline in commercial auto, most sensitive coverage
- personal auto remains, by far, the single largest line of business contributing to tort costs
Categories of tort costs
- insured costs (excluding medical malpractice)
- self-insured costs (excluding medical malpractice)
- medical malpractice costs
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview