Gross Anatomy - Upper Limb
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the Lateral pectoral invest ?
Where is the Axillary Fascia Located ?
Where is the clavipectoral fascia located ?
What is the function of the suspensory ligmanet of the Axillary Fascia ?
- -Pectoralis Major
- -Floor of arm pit
- -Clavicle pectoral region
- -It holds up the Axillary fascia
What is the function of the Brachial Fascia ?
What is the function of the Medial and lateral intermuscular septa ?
- -To enclose the arm
- -Seperate the posterior and anterior muscles of the humerus.
What is the purpose of antebrachial fascia ?
What separates the posterior and anterior forearm muscles ?
- -To enclose the forearm muscles
- -the interosseous membrane
Where is the extensor retinaculum and the flexor retinaculum ?
-Extensor retinaculum is on the anterior portion of the wrist and the Flexor retinaculum is on the posterior portion of the wrist.
What does the carpal tunnel reserve passage for ?
The median nerve and tendons of the flexor muscles
What is the function of the palmar aponeurosis and where can it be found ?
It covers the central surface of the palm
What is the mammary gland ?
How far to the ducts expand ?
How far does breast extend on the ribs ?
What is the retromammary space ?
- -modified sweat glands
- -not beyond the areola
- -2nd to the 6th. attach to sternum and to midaxillary line
- -A space that separates the pectoralis major and the ducts.
Why are the breast lymph nods important in cancer ?
If the cancer were to metastasize it would spread through the lymph nodes.
Where do the lateral and medial quadrants of the breast drain ?
- Lateral = Anterior axillary or posterior nodes
- Medial = Internal thoracic nodes
What does the clavicle bone provide for the humerus ?
Acts as a strut to keep it lifted
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview