Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Identify two age-related changes in older adults.
2. What is a possible nutrition-related consequence of each change?
3. What nutrition-related advice would you provide as a result?
(think about possible 2 examples)
When you think of “older adults”what do you think of?
health, family, physiology, knowledge, living conditions, memory, resources, happiness, needs
Life expectancy is affected by: (5)
- 1. Financial resources
- 2. Political systems
- 3. Access to healthcare
- 4. Access to clean water
- 5. Consumption of healthy food
Achieving longevity: centenarians
• In 2011, there were 5,825 centenarians in Canada (people aged 100 years or more) – 4,870 women – 955 men
• This represented a ______ increase since 2006
Follow all (6):
People can live longer
- 1. Adequate sleep
- 2. Eating breakfast
- 3. Reasonable body weight
- 4. Not smoking
- 5. Limited alcohol
- 6. Regular physical activity
• Number of _____________ decline with age • Salivary secretions decrease
• _______: dry mouth, due to decreased saliva production
• _______: difficulty in swallowing foods
Tastebud, Xerostomia, dysphagia
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview