Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
________ are defined as people who oversee the activities of others and who are
responsible for attaining goals in organizations.
- Explanation: B) Managers are defined as people who oversee
- the activities of others and who are responsible for attaining goals in
- organizations. They make decisions, allocate resources, and get work done by
- other people.
- Outcome: Discuss the factors influencing
- individual decision making in organizations
2)Sally Mitchell works as a manager at an environmental organization. She is currently working on a global warming project and decides what tasks related to creating awareness about the issue need to be done. In addition, she is also deciding which members of her teamwill work on engaging with the public and which will work on lobbying with thegovernment. She is also assigning people as team members to ensure that tasksare undertaken on time. Which of the following categories of functions is Mitchell undertaking?
Explanation: B) Managers are responsible for designing an organization's structure. This function is called organizing. It includes determining what tasks are to be done, who is to do them, how the tasks are to be grouped, who reports to whom, and where decisions are to be made.
AACSB: Analytic Skills
Quest. Category: Application
Johanna Reid, a campaign manager at a child rights
organization, recently started working on an illiteracy project. During the
project, she needs to motivate team members to attain their project milestones
and direct them through different phases of the project. Which of the following
kinds of functions will these tasks be covered under?
- Answer: E
- Explanation: E) The leading function of managers involves motivating employees, directing their activities, selecting the most effective communication channels, or resolving conflicts among members.
- PageRef: 6LO: 2AACSB: Analytic SkillsDifficulty: HardQuest.Category: ApplicationLearningOutcome: Discuss the factors influencing individual decision making in organizations
Lesley Torres is a project manager for the
campaign "Action against Deforestation in Indonesia". She recently faced a glitch when the campaign could not be launched publicly according to schedule. Torres monitored the schedule to find the
cause of the delay, before speeding up the implementation process by allocating
more members for the implementation phase. By doing this, which of the
following functions is she performing?
- Answer: A
- Explanation: A) To ensure things are going as they should,management must monitor the organization's performance and compare it with previously set goals. If there are any significant deviations, it is management's job to get the organization back on track. Tasks which involve monitoring, comparing, and potential correcting are part of the controlling function.
- PageRef: 6LO: 2AACSB: Analytic SkillsDifficulty: HardQuest. Category: Application