Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
assemblage of all of the species living in a given area.
only 1 type or guild of organism (ex: seed eating birds)
number of species in a community
relative abundance of species
#individuals per species
combination of both richness and evenness
Shannon-Wiener index (H')
- measure of uncertainty. How uncertain are we
- about the next species we may encounter in a community?
H' =0 ->community is composed of only one species (0 uncertainty as to the identity of the next individual encountered)
given local area
species diversity (richness and eveness)
change in species composition over relatively short distances. If habitat changes dramatically over the distance of interest, species composition will change as well. This is most commonly seen as one goes up in elevation on a mountain
total species diversity in a landscape
- determined by the mean species
- diversity in sites or habitats at a more local scale (α) and the
- differentiation among those habitats (β).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview