The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a correlation?
The relationship between two statistically measured sets of data for one participant
Give one strength and limitation for the correlation method
- It allows for further research to take placed based on the relationships discovered
- Cause and effect is difficult to establish as there is no manipulation of variables
Give an R value for a strong positive correlation
Give the R value for a perfect negative correlation
What is a pilot study?
- A small scale trial run of the research design before the real thing is carried out
- It is done to discern whether or not the design will work
- Adjustments can be made to the experiment based on the results without investing large amounts of money and time