Levels of Measurement
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is nominal data?
- The number of people in one category or another
- E.g The number of people who progressed to the finals of a race and the number of those who didn't
What is ordinal data?
- Data that is ordered or ranked based on the results
- E.g positions people finished in a race
What issues surround ordinal data?
Despite denoting positions, the proximity of results to each other isn't given
What is interval data?
- Ratio data starting from a true zero
- Measured on a scale with precise and equal intervals
- Any instrument capable of measurement yields interval data
What is interval data essential for?
Parametric tests require interval data
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview