The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Class "A" Foam is a _____, ______ based, _______ surfactant, that enhances the fire suppressant properties of plain water. It is designed for use on Class "A" fires (ordinary combustibles).
Synthetic, detergent, hydrocarbon
Firefighting effectiveness of water improves
when class A is added because:
- -Water penetrates the fuel faster
- -Increased absorption occurs
- -Fog nozzle droplets are three times smaller resulting in increases surface area of water
- -Water becomes slippery, reducing friction loss
- -Water is attracted to carbon
Wetting agents (wet water)are designed to prevent ____
Class "B"Foam, ___ or ____, are specifically formulated for burning
flammable liquid fires.
Recommended foam mixtures range from .l% (l gallon concentrate to 1000 gallons of water) to 1% (1 gallon concentrate to 100
.1% 1000 gallons, 1% 100 gallons
Ranges of Expansion Ratios:
- Low 1:1 to 20:1
- Medium 20:1 to 200:1
- High 200:1 to 1000:1
Low expansion ratio have a wide range of application including flame ______, immediate _____ and ______.
Knockdown, wetting, mop-ups