The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the ablity of a material to span horizontally dist. with min. support underneath. (puente)
stacking and piling
bricks, stone, adobe. thicker at bottom, heavier at the top
sun-dried. Brick made of clay mixed with straw
post and litental
structure based in one or more porst, supporting a horizontal crosspiece
upright pillar. supports a structure
interior space filled with rows of colums. support roof
- doesnt have a base
- capital is rounded.
- stone disk suppports a plane rectangular slab
- shaft of column is smooth and fluted
- shaft is usually fluted and rest on a stepped base
- capital is carved andin graceful scrolling forms called volutes
- the shaft is fluted and rest on a detail base
- capital is carved with motifs based on stylized acanthus leaves.
curved structure, made of stones. span an opening and it can be semircular
roof that spans an interior space
half round arch extended into depth
intersection of two barrel vaults or equal size at right angles.
convez, curved roof. 360 degrees on vertical axis.
opening in a wall or at the top of a dome
project porch with roof suported vy columbs, often entrance of building.
open, cylindrical interior space, usually covered by a dome.
- invernted by R. BUVKMISNTER FULLER.
- based on angles arranged into tetrhedrons
- style or architecture in europe, mind 12 to 16cent.
- soaring interiors, large stained glass windows.
cruciform curch, the long space flanked by aisles and leaving from the entrance to the transept
exterior support that conteracts the outward thrust of an arch, dome or wall.
consist of a strut of arch segment running from a freestanding pier to an outer wall.
vertical support, used to bear heaviest loads in an arched or vaulted structure. A pier may be styled to resemble a bundle of colums
a tower forming part of a mosque, people called to pray
curving,triangular section that server as a trans. from a dome and the 4 walls of the rectangular building.
hirizontal structure. only supported from one en, other side its like is into space
movement of arch. toward using material and structures that face the enviroment surrounding
protective deity, a bull or lions body,eagles wings, humas head
- moderm art mov. orig.italy
- contemporary concepts of the future, speed, technology, youth and violence, and objects
mov. in american modern art that focus on scenes of rural life. artist rejected tech. and fast paced life.
history, geography, folklore and culture heritage of usa
- movement of the
- concern in rediscovery and study of the
- literature, art, and civilizations of acient Greece
- permanent body and face
- different from tattoing/carved in skind
feminist art mov.
- efforts by female artist
- to make art reflects womens lives and experience. change the foundation for the
- production and reception of contemporary art