Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of Change
- cost cutting
Steps of Change management
- create motivation for change
- articulate shared vision/desired outcomes
- identify necessary leadership
- build momentum by creating short-term wins
- institutionalize success through formal processes, systems and structures
- monitor and adjust strategies as necessary
Conditions that enable change
- effective organizational leadership
- high employee/follower motivation
- collaborative culture
- "felt need' for change (crisis, competition, etc.)
Effective leadership during change
- leverage and build credibility
- offer an inclusive vision of change outcomes
- explain character and benefits of change
- recruit and motivate key stakeholders
- understand and address key barriers
Motivational foundations for Change
- encouraging participative work
- giving employees a voice
- driving out fear
- what is the change program?
- what will the change program plans do?
- why is the change taking place?
- what is the scope of the change program?
- what hurdles stand in the way of implementation?
- what are the criteria for success?
- how will people be rewarded for success?
Institutionalizing change - Enabling structures
- pilot programs
- training programs
- reward systems
Institutionalizing change - Permanent structures
Effective implementation strategies
- keep it simple
- include those who are affected
- structure tasks in achievable chunks
- specify roles and responsibilities
- remain flexible
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview