LET Day 5 Review 4/14
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Make certain to mount or dismount on the offside away from any:
- Live Track
- Main Track
- Close Clearance
- Hazards that may be present
After giving a crew member 3-step, can you assist them coupling air hoses?
No, Once you have provided 3-step you cannot leave the cab until the employee releases 3-step
What are the steps to provide 3-step?
- Independent in full
- Reverse lever in center
- Generator field off
What is the safe way to handle air hoses?
- Assume a balanced stance that will enable you to quickly step out from between the equipment in the event of any unexpected movement
- Keep one foot outside the rail, if possible
- Do not kick or strike an air hose
When operating doors by hand you must:
- Do not use excessive force
- Avoid pinch points
How must the switches on the control stand be placed when in TRAIL?
Name the air hoses from the middle out.
- Brake Pipe
- Main Reservoir
What is the pressure for the Brake Pipe hose?
Same as the regulating valve setting
What is the pressure for the Main Reservoir Equalizing hose?
What is the pressure for the Actuating hose?
0 or 130-145 PSI
What is the pressure for the Independent Application & Release hose?
What is the normal position for the Automatic Drain Valve?
What are the two types of brake systems?
Where are the locations to cut out the Automatic Brake?
What is the purpose of the J-valve?
Regulates braking effort
Where is the Train Separation Report located?
Engineers reading file
What is the normal color for the indicator on the Salem Twin Tower?
What are the names of the 3 switches?
- Engine Run
- Generator Field
- Control/Fuel Pump
What is the purpose of the Automatic Drain/Spitter Valve?
To remove moisture from the reservoirs
What are the steps for cutting OUT a locomotive?
- Place levers correctly (Independent in FULL APPLICATION, and reverser lever removed and stored)
- Make a FULL SERVICE reduction, verify exhaust stops
- Cut out the Automatic Brake and place handle in HANDLE OFF position
- Cut out Independent Brake and put in RELEASE position
- Position switches for trailing position
What are the steps for cutting IN a locomotive?
- Place Independent in FULL APPLICATION and cut in
- Position the switches and controls for lead
- Place the Automatic brake in the RELEASE position and adjust the regulating valve
- Cut in Automatic brake
What are the handle positions for the Independent Brake?
- Application Zone
- Full Application
What are the handle positions for the Automatic Brake?
- Minimum Reduction
- Service Zone
- Full Service
- Over Reduction
- Handle Off
When the Independent Brake is cut out what is the name of the position?
Closed for Trail
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview