The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain how KCS complements with ITIL.
KCS is a methodology that identifies how to integrate knowledge management within the ITIL incident management process. Knowledge management is also integrated with problem, change, and release and deployment management processes.
Explain how KCS is similar to ITIL.
- Were developed to improve service management effectiveness and efficiencies
- Are based on process and practices and not on technology
- Claim that knowledge management is a required process within service management
- Continue to evolve and mature
- Are acknowledged as best practices
Explain how KCS differs from ITIL.
- KCS is a methodology and ITIL is a framework
- KCS focuses on knowledge as information used to resolve incidents or answer questions within the service operations processes, while ITIL defines knowledge as all information within IT
- Different terminology is used
Identify core components of KCS, which are also implied or stated within ITIL.
- Core components of KCS which are also implied or stated within ITIL include:
- Search Early, Search Often - ITIL incident management requires a search of the known error database before incident diagnosis; seek to understand before you seek to solve
- Capture in the problem-solving process - ITIL captures knowledge in the workflow as incidents, requests, problems, and known errors
- Demand-driven Review - ITIL problem management reviews problems based on business impact and demand
- Details About the Knowledge are Valuable - ITIL captures reuse statistics as input to problem and change management
Explain how knowledge management integrate with incident management.
- Knowledge articles are used to resolve incidents (called incident matching ITIL incident management)
- New knowledge articles are captured as a result of an incident
- Knowledge articles are enhanced through reuse within the incident management process
Explain how knowledge management integrates with problem management.
- Article reuse can assist in identifying problems for analysis based on reoccurring incidents related to the problem.
- Knowledge articles are enhanced when problem management discovers the root cause, a workaround, or a fix.
Explain how knowledge management impacts change management.
- The reuse of a knowledge article can assist in understanding the risk and quantifying the cost of existing problems if not resolved.
- Change management can require knowledge to be updates or added as a part of an approved change being implemented.
Explain how knowledge management integrates with release and development.
- Knowledge articles are to be updated when a fix is released to a known problem.
- New knowledge articles can be added as part of the release management communication.
Explain how knowledge management impacts service level management.
- Self-service can be added as an option for customers to find answers to their questions.
- Expectations of customers to leverage self-service may be set.
- Operational level agreements can define expectations of support partners to capture and share knowledge.
A person or group who affects or can be affected by an organization's actions.
Structure method to define how a project or initiative supports the key objectives of the stakeholders.
What is the benefit of strategic framework?
It establishes alignment with the stakeholder's objectives and maps the high-level goals of the organization with the goals of the individuals.
What are the four (4) components of a strategic framework:
- Business Objective
- Approaches for each objective
- Measurements for each approach
- Targets for each measurement
KCS Benefits and Return on Investment (ROI) - Stakeholders benefits will be realized at three (3) different levels as the KCS practices mature, what are the 3 levels?
What are the Qualitative Customer Benefits?
- Improved experience with support (e.g., speed, accuracy, consistency)
- Customer / user productivity
- Sense of connection via the web
What are the Quantitative Customer Benefits?
- Customer satisfaction survey
- Renewal rates on contracts
- Rate of repeat business
- Frequency of visits to web site and web feedback
What are the Qualitative Employee Benefits?
- Recognition for problem-solving skills
- Peer feedback
- Sense of accomplishment and contribution
- Sense of autonomy
What are the Quantitative Employee Benefits?
- Attrition rate
- Job satisfaction
- Broadened technical expertise
- Development of new knowledge-related competencies
What are the Qualitative Organization Benefits?
Image and reputation, good place t work, good company to do business with
What are the Qualitative Organization Benefits?
- Support costs per user / customer
- Cost per incident
- Cost of Creating / maintaining content for web delivery
- Time to technical proficiency
What are the six (6) phases of KCS adoption.
- Assessment of the current state
- Acquisition of tools
- Design of the foundation
- Development of the KCS Core Team
- Organization of KCS waves
- Evolution of the process
Implementation in Knowledge-Centered Support require the following investments (4)?
- Leadership and management
- Infrastructure and support
- Training and performance
- Knowledge monitoring