GCSE 1.1.2 Influences
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Initiatives such as the Youth Sport Trust's TOP programme aim to contribute to the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Briefly explain two ways that initiatives such as this can lead to a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- 1. Programmes are concerned with participation/getting more involved in sport / providing more opportunities
- 2. This can be a physical health benefit (allow appropriate example: drop in resting blood pressure; reduction in cholesterol / reduction in obesity)
- 3. Mental benefit(allow appropriate example: increased serotonin therefore 'feel good'; fun / increase self-esteem)
- 4. Social benefit (allow appropriate example: social mixing)
- 5. Accept reference to five-a-day / improving diet
Identify three different roles available to become involved in physical activity.
Leadership OR coach OR leader OR captain
- Volunteering OR specific volunteer role (e.g. first aider)
- Official OR referee OR umpire OR judge
GCSE PE students were determined to help their parents, Janet and John, become involved in sport so that Janet and John could benefit from a healthy, active lifestyle.
If John is new to a sport which level of the sports participation pyramid will he enter?
Rob regularly represents his school in cross-country and runs for his county in inter-county championships. What stage of the sports participation pyramid will Rob have achieved?
Performance, Elite, Professional, Excellence
Identify the 6 Key Influences on participation
- Socio Economic
Identify 2 Image factors that can influence participation
Identify 3 Cultural Factors that can influence participation
Identify 3 people factors that can influence participation
Identify 2 examples of how socio economic status can influence participation in physical activity
- Status of an activity
Identify 4 resource factors that influence participation
Identify 2 Health and Well being factors that can influence participation
Identify 3 agancies involved in increasing sports participation
- Youth Sport Trust
- Sport England
- National Governing Bodies
Identify the 4 stages of the Participation Pyramid
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview