The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) is specifically known for its __________.
- Avoid sun
- take WITH meals
- take with high-calorie, high-FAT meals
- avoid alcohol
- WITH food
- avoid antacids 2 hrs after
- avoid sun
Nevirapine (Viramune), a NRTI for HIV AE.
- increased transaminase levels
clozapine (Clozaril) for schizophrenia, what lab study to monitor for AE?
- WBC - check before & monitor closely
- also monitor for agranulocytosis (sore throat, malaise, fever)
Why is Disulfiram (Antabuse) used?
- adjunct treatment for pts w/ chronic alcoholism
- *must abstain from alcohol for AT LEAST 12 hrs prior to initial dose
What's the big AE with -"rubricin" drugs (chemo)?
"-mycin" drugs major AE (chemo drugs)
pulmonary fibrosis (not as hard on heart)
AE of Prozac
CNS & GI dysfunctions
Normal range of Lithium.
What's the major AE of Vincristine (chemo drug)?
- (double vision, vocal cord paralysis, etc)
- -may take several months to appear and to resolve
Texanes ("taxel") most common AE
- hypersensitivity rxn
- *ALWAYS premedicated with something like dexamethasone, diphenhydramine, H2 blocker ("tidine")
Increased doses (>450mg) of Wellbutrin commonly causes what?
Important teaching for sulfisoxazole.
- High fluid intake, take w/ full glass of H20
- some will turn urine dk brown or red
Long-term use of hydroxyurea (Hydrea) causes?