The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a form of exchange in which goods are divided according to a person's status in the group.
- a form of exchange in which members of a
- group share a pool of resources, taking when they are in need and giving
- when others are in need.
- a model that attempts to explain a wide range
- of different behaviors according to a simple general rule, do it if it
- is rewarding, and we have friends as long as we get something good out
- of it.
- a model that presumes that the governing
- principles vary from one domain of behavior to another (such as
- friendship vs. romance vs. parent child relationships).
a form of exchange in which each person gets the same as the others.
- a state of affairs in which one
- person's benefits and costs from a relationship are proportional to the
- benefits and costs incurred by his or her partner.
experience sampling method
an observational technique in which subjects fill out frequent descriptions of who they are with and what is going on.
someone with whom we have an affectionate relationship.
Scientific study of the interrelationship between social, psychological, and behavioral processes with physical health
a form of exchange in which everyone gets out in proportion to what they put in.
mere exposure effect
- the tendency to feel positively toward
- people, places, or things we have seen frequently. more often you see
- something, the less threatening it becomes, so the more we like it
the tendency to become friends with those who live or work nearby.
the theory that we like people with whom we associate positive feelings and dislike those whom we associate negative feelings.
the sharing of intimate information about oneself.
assets that can be drawn from one's network of personal relationships.
the trading of benefits within relationships.
emotional, material, or informational assistance provided by other people.