KCS Exam - Unit 8
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What are the six (6) steps of a KCS Adoption Program?
- Assessment of Current State
- Acquisition of Tools
- Design of the Foundation
- Development of KCS Pilot Team
- Organization of KCS Waves
An evaluation of current practices, processes, technology, performance, and culture.
Assessment of Current State
The selection and implementation of technology, including the Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), and decision matrix.
Acquisition of Tools
The planning process that defines how to initiative will be implemented.
Design of the Foundation
The first group of people to utilize the processes and tools following the training and mentoring program. This is in the production environment and results with the knowledge base being seeded.
Development of KCS Pilot Team
The release process, in stages, by which all members of support are introduced to KCS in the production environment.
Organization of KCS Waves
The ongoing care of people, process, and technology led by the KCS Council.
The following represent benefits of what?
- Minimizes risks to the service levels compared to a big bang approach
- Early focus is on teams with a high likelihood of success which promotes the adoption of laggards
- Change can be managed in smaller components
Multiple milestones and decision points allow for adjustments
Analysts from early waves can serve as coaches for later waves
Leverage the experience and learning of previous waves increasing probability of success
Benefits of a wave implementation
A document that describes the flow of incidents within the support organization between support teams and support partners.
Flow and Wave Matrix
What are the considerations for developing a flow and wave matrix.
- Identification of each support team
- The management involved
- The number of analysts affected
- The impact KCS can have on the team's performance
- The risk associated with involving that team
- The influence that team will have on the rest of the organization
What is the purpose of the flow and wave matrix?
- Minimize risk and maximize success
- Identify who needs to be trained
- Identify with whom one must communicate
- Serve as input for selecting the pilot team and defining the implementation waves
The following are components which are a representation of what?
- Strategic Framework
- Communication Plan
- Performance Assessment Plan
- Reporting Matrix
- Rewards and Recognition
- Roles and Responsibilities Guide
- KCS Competency Plan
- Adoption Strategy
- Workflow - Process Definitions
- Content Standard
- Style Guide
- Content Format - Structure
- Quality Criteria
- Knowledge article life cycle
- Good and Bad Examples
- Visibility Matrix
- Technology Matrix
The following people must be invested in for a successful KCS implementations?
- KCS Coaches
- KCS Domain Experts
What are the functionality required to implement KCS?
- Content Health
- Process Integration
- Performance Assessment
What are the critical success factors for implementing KCS?
- Executive commitment
- Time to coach
- Coaching yourself out of a job
- Measuring the right things
- Goals for the outcomes/results
- Trends for the leading indicators (activities)
- Deployment attitude should evoke organizational change rather than an attitude of "just a tool"
- Picking the right players
A process which produces negative results or does not produce a desired results is known as what?
Why is it important to recognize ditches?
Being familiar with ditches allows one to either avoid the ditch or to recognize when they are in one.
What are some common ditches to watch for?
- Forgetting the business goals by solely focusing on knowledge management
- Complex processes
- Converting legacy data
- Selecting versus inviting
- Focusing on people slow to adopt change or unwilling to change
- Communications plan is not comprehensive
- Core team not broad enough
- Setting goals on activities
- Expanding scope too fast
- Content standard too complex
- Quality criteria is too rigid
- Selecting the wrong coaches
- Lack of support for coaches
- Inconsistent coaching practices
- Manaager telling instead of motivating
KCS impacts Achievement by?
- Earning the right to publish or become a KCS Coach
- Earning recognition for articles created that others are using
- Expanding the analyst's breadth of product knowledge
- Contributing to the achievement of the goals of the organization
- Collaborating as part of a group that is creating value for the business
KCS impacts Recognition by?
- The reputation of the analyst, based on creation of value in the knowledge base
- The reputation of the analyst, based on the quality of articles contributed to the knowledge base
- Acknowledgement of contributions through KCS measures and reports
- Acknowledgement by organization leaders as role models for others
KCS impacts The Work by?
- Decreasing redundancy
- Providing an opportunity to work on new areas
- Increasing confidence that allows analysts to take a broader range of calls because the knowledge base complements their competencies
KCS impacts Responsibility by?
- Licensing an analyst to approve and/or publish (KCS competency) without review by others
- Licensing an analyst to modify / improve content
- Making the analyst part of a team
- Requiring collective ownership of content - "flag it or fix it"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview