Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Detailed, organized, and ongoing approach to share information and gain support for a project, program, or initiative.
Technology must support what?
UFFA - Use It! Flag It! Fix It! Add It!
Ability to search the knowledge base and link knowledge articles to an incident record, is what?
Ability to flag (comment/note) and article, and then create the subsequent workflow task so someone can fix it, is what?
Ability to modify an article in real time (by authorized users), is what?
Ability to contribute new articles, is what?
KCS is a new way of providing support where knowledge is seen as the ___________ of the organization that is delivered in response to a need and being developed on demand when necessary. The adoption of KCS requires a ______________ in how organizations approach support and how _______________ views their roles.
KCS is a new way of providing support where knowledge is seen as the PRODUCT of the organization that is delivered in response to a need and being developed on demand when necessary. The adoption of KCS requires a TRANSFORMATION in how organizations approach support and how INDIVIDUALS views their roles.
Short-term benefits of KCS, as experience by the Consortium members who have adopted the methodology, include:
- Improve resolution times by 25-50%
- Improved First Contact Resolution and reduced escalation
- Dramatically improved user success with self-service via the Web
- Reduced training time for new employees
- Increased support center analyst job satisfaction and confidence
- Improved user environments by providing application development with actionable information based on the user experiences
Prior to beginning an initiative it is recommended that what is performed?
Current State Assessment
What are the six (6) steps of the KCS adoption program?
The evaluation of the current state and initial awareness of the KCS methodology, is what?
The creation of the foundation from which the initiative is built by the KCS Program Team, is what?
The acquisition and implementation of technology. This may be in parallel with the Design step, and must be completed prior to the Development step, is what?
The pilot of the processes and technology, and seeding of content. This is the first wave of KCS participants, known as the Pilot Team, is what?
The development of the support staff skills. Once the pilot has been successful, it will be time to organize the remaining waves and develop the skills of the remaining members of the team, is what?
The ongoing care and management under the guidance of the KCS Council, is what?
What are the four (4) phases of adoption?
- Planning and Design
- Leverage of the Knowledge Base
In this adoption phase, a current state assessment is done, a baseline of metrics is created, the foundation is designed, and the tools are implemented. This first phase involves the steps of: Assess, Design, and Acquire. The KCS Program Team is developed and preparing for the Adoption phase.
Planning and Design
In this adoption phase, it is time to create excitement and internal understanding. This phase involves leveraging your communications plan and training plans. The adoption begins with the training of the KCS Pilot Team and continues as adoption is rolled out in waves. This aligns with the Develop and Organize steps.
In this adoption phase, the focus is on increasing process efficiency and skills competencies in order to ultimately gain support capacity. during this phase improvements are gained in assisted service or incident management. The KCS Council is focusing on continuous improvement. This aligns with the Evolve Step of the adoption model.
In this adoption phase, once proficiency is gained in assisted service, the organization can then implement self-service and Knowledge Domain Experts will begin to analyze the knowledge reuse to drive product improvements through problem management.
Leverage of the Knowledge Base
What defines a Strategy Planning Committee?
- Strategic Framework
- Communications Plan
- Roles and Responsibilities Guide
- Performance Assessment Plan
What defines a Process Committee?
- Content Standards Guide
- Incident Management
- Knowledge Management
- Visibility Matrix
- Analysts and Management Training
What defines a Logistics Committee?
- Implementation Strategy
- Training Logistics
What defines a Technology Committee?
- Technology Map
- Development Environment
- Change / Release Management
What is the first step when developing a Wave Strategy?
Perform a flow and wave anlaysis
A map that describes the flow of incidents within the support organization between support teams and support partners, is what?
Flow and Wave Matrix
What are three (3) key things things to focus on during a flow and wave matrix?
What are the five (5) Critical Success Factors (CSFs) commonly seen in successful implementations?
- Executive commitment
- Measuring the right things
- Deployment attitude
- Picking the right players
What ditches should be avoided during the implementation process?
- Forgetting the business goals by solely focusing on knowledge management as the goal. Knowledge management is a means to achieving a business goal, it is not the goal.
- Having too many knowledge states. Over-engineering the knowledge article lifecycle can negatively impact adoption and effectiveness. Keep it as simple as possible initially and let the business needs drive adjustments via the Deming Cycle.
- Converting legacy data. Let demand drive the investment in migrating content.
- Selecting participants, rather than inviting them. Let people make the choice to participate and they will be more committed to success.
- Focusing on those who are slow to accept change. Allow the success of others to change their points of view.
- Creating a communication plan that is too short. The message must be continuously promoted to drive continuous improvement and adoption.