Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Weight; heaviness; bulk.
- v.t.To lift (something) in order to judge or estimate its weight.
- Marked by close acquaintance,association,or familiarity.
- Intense joy or delight.
- A supernatural creature who does one's bidding when summoned.
- Ecology A group of the same kind of animals,plants,or one-celled organisms living or growing together.
- A room,gallery,or glassed-in porch exposed to the sun.
- Greek Mythology The horn of the goat that suckled Zeus,which broke off and became filled with fruit. In folklore,it became full of whatever its owner desired.
- 中略(省去中间字母或音节; 如将 never 省略成 ne'er)
- The sum of the lifework of an artist,a writer,or a composer.
- [ˈbuːjɔŋ kjuːb]
- bouillon 肉汤
- cube 立方体
- Having great weight.
- To attract by arousing hope or desire; lure
- A 14-line verse form usually having one of several conventional rhyme schemes.
- Used as a title and form of address for Roman emperors.
- A dictator or an autocrat.
- [twelfθ nait]
- January 5,the eve of Epiphany and the beginning of Carnival,celebrated as a holiday in parts of Europe and the United States and marked by feasting,merrymaking,and the lighting of bonfires.
- To hold spellbound; captivate
- To enslave.
- One that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about a subject
- Affected with mental retardation.
- Relatively slow in mental,emotional,or physical development.
- A covered platform,usually having a separate roof,at an entrance to a building.
- An open or enclosed gallery or room attached to the outside of a building; a verandah.
- [aiˈdentifaid wiθ]
- The act of breathing in; inhalation.