Regions of the brain
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 regions of the brain?
- medulla oblongata
What is the function of the cerebrum?
- conscisou thought processes
- intellectual function
- memory storage and processing
- skeletal muscle regulation (conscious and subconscious)
What are the 2 parts of the diencephalon and describe their functions
- thalamus: relay and processing centers for sensory info
- hypothalamus: centers controlling emotions, autonomic functions, hormone production
What is the function of the midbrain?
- processing visual and auditory data
- generating reflex somatic motor responses
- maintenance of consciousness
What are the functions of the pons?
- relaying sensory info to cerebellum and thalamus
- subconsiocu somatic and visceral motor centers
What are the functions of the medulla oblongata?
- relaying sensory info to thalamus and brain stem
- autonomic centers for visceral function regulation
What are the functions of the cerebellum?
- coordinating complex somatic motor patterns
- adjusting output of somotic motor centers in brain and spinal cord
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview