Victor Grade 7 English - A Long Walk to Water Vocabulary
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Very serious or formal in manner, behavior, or expression.
Ex: The wake was a very solemn occasion.
- The front of a ship's bow above water.
- The pointed or projecting front part of something such as a building.
Something that is boring because it is always the same.
Very dry, having little rain or water.
Very thirsty, very dry because of hot weather.
Someone who has been forced to leave a country because of war or for religious or political reasons.
To move quickly and lightly along a surface.
A large amount of water that moves very quickly.
Serious and sincere; not lighthearted or playful.
To make a continuous murmuring, humming, or buzzing sound.
- To proceed in a dull, monotonous manner.
- Ex: The meeting droned on.
To stop or end movement, progress, or action.
- To have the reverse of the desired or expected effect.
- Ex: The plot backfired.
- The sound a car engine or any engine makes from its rear end.
Straight and smooth in design or shape.
- Disobedient, rebellious.
- To oppose.
- To fight against someone or something.
To shine with brightness.
- A plastic building material.
- A short muzzle-loading cannon used to fire shells at a low speed and at high angles.
- A strong deep bowl in which substances are pounded or crushed with a pestle.
Thick, soft, wet mud.
Sitting in a squatting postion.
- A long, narrow cut in the ground made by a plow.
- A long narrow trench that has been cut into a surface.
A temporary substitute for something. Usually put together quickly and not very well made.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview