The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Common cold and flu
virus infections caused by low immunity responce - vit C can lower the incidents of infectionavoid dairy products, eggs and excessive meat or soya since the foods are mucus forminghigh-energy packed with fresh fruit and veg and their juicescat's claw tea 3 times a day would boost the immunity
- it's an inflammation and infection of the bladder, which causes frequent and painful urination
- Vit A and C protect you from such infections, and vit C can be particularly helpful for clearing it up. so too can grapefruit seed extract
- follow optimum diet, avoid sugars, drink 2 liters of water a day
- symptoms are a bloated and puffy feeling and visible swelling, especially of the stomach, breasts, face , hands ankles and feet.
- Is caused by:PMS, pregnancy, birth control pill, menopause - hormonal changes
- high-salt intake
- heart diseases and kidney disorders
- certain drugs
- diet - salt intake kept to minimumand also refined starchs
- drink plenty of plain water
- diet high in potassium
- diet rich in EFA's
- natural diuretic fluids such as: melon, citrus fruits, carrot, salad vegetables incl. tomatoes, celery, lettuce, watercress, sweet peppers and cucumber
- infusions of dandelion, parsley, lovage, nettle or rosemary
- osteoarthritis - more common in old age, cartilage of the joints tears away, including pain and stiffness in weight bearring joints mainly
- Rheumatoid arthritis - affects the whole body
- Antioxidants, essential fatty acids and herbs such as boswellia, curcumin and certain hop extracs reduce inflammation
- Vit B and C support endocrine system, wich cntrols calcium balance#Vit D, calcium, magnezium and boron support bone health
- Glucosamine and MSM help to build healthy joints
- balanced diet and avoid adrenal stimulants such as tea, coffee, sugar and refined carbohydrates
- Drink plenty of water and herbal teas
- check for allergies and have a hair mineral analysis done to check your mineral levels
- occurrence of a cluster of symptoms like bloating, tiredness, irritability, depression, breast tenderness and headaches, occurring most commonly in the weak leading to the menstruation
- 3 main causes: oestrogen dominance and and relative progesterone defficiency - corrected by natural progesterone and avoiding sources of natural oestrogen
- Glucose intolerance - marked by the cravings for sweet foods and stimulants
- deficiency n essential fatty acidsand vit B6, zink and Magnesium, which together create prostaglandins, which help to balance hormone levels
- eat little and often before menstruation, folloe optimum diet advise, snack of fruit but avoid sugar, sweets and stimulants
- ensure that you diet consist daily in 1tablespoon of cold pressed veg oilm rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- an inflammation of the sinus and nasal passages
- often leads to sinus infection
- contributory factors are nasal irritants such as exhaust fumes cigarettes, smoky places, dust and pollen;
- allergies often to diary products and wheat, which are mucus forming
- weakened immune system
- Vit A, C and Zink, among with other nutrients help to boost immunity. Essential fats are also needed to control inflammation
- many causes - blood sugar drops, dehydration and allergy, stress and tension, or a critical combination
- peaks and troughs in adrenalin and blood sugar can bring on a headache
- ofthe optimim nutrition cures headaches, sometimes are related t allergy
- eat little and often and avoid long periods without the food, especially if you stressed or tense.
- drink regularly
- avoid sugar and stimulants like tea, coffee and chocolate
- inflammatory condition affecting lungs and respiration.
- characterized by difficulties in exhaling and frequent coughing
- often as an effect of allergies, stressful events or changes in environmental conditions like weather
- Vit A to help protect lining of the lungs,
- vit C helps to deal with environmental toxins
- antioxidant nutrients and essential fats are anti-inflammatory
- can have a physical symptoms such as eating disorders, fatigue, migraine, heartburn, impotence, insomnia, IBS, memory problems and muscular pain.
- Vit D can become depleted and vit C, Zinc and Magnesium
- scaly and itchy skin, can crack and is very sore
- very similar to dermititis, probably also in cause.
- very possible allergies
- mechanism in unknown, but optimum nutrition foes help
- vit A and C for skin strength
- vit E and Zinc improve healing essential fats to reduce inflammation.
• Psoriasis •
- different to the eczema
- does not respond super to diet
- can occur if the body is toxic, prehaps when candida albicans is overgrown, or poor liver detoxyfication
- follow a healthy diet with emphasis on low level of meat and dairy productsand plenty of seeds for their essential fats,
- If allergy to dairy products or wheat - best avoided
- it's a condition of stagnation. It's a pathological condition of the fat cells. Is always related to venous congestion and in many cases to lymph congestion.
- Toxins accumulate in our bodies from the environment and foods. Elimination problem or poor liver and kidney function causes a build up in the body of the by product of normal metabolism and waste product
- oestrogen is a contributor as it encourages the lying down of the fat in the body, bad diet and high sodium diet. lack of exercise Puberty, when on the pill, pregnancy, menopause.
- Reduce meat
- reduce fats, sugar, salt, processed foods.