EMR Medical Patient Assessment
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Scene Size up
- 1. Determines the scene is safe
- 2. Determines mechanism of injury/nature of illness
- 3. Requests additional EMS if necessary
- 4. Considers stabilization of spine
- 1. Determine responsiveness/ level of Consciousness.
- 2. Determine Chief complaint/ apparent life-threats.
- 3. Assess Airway and Breathing
- 4. Assess circulation
- 5. Identifies patient Priority and makes treatment/ transport decision.
Assessing airway and breathing
- Assures adequate ventilation
- Initiates appropriate oxygen therapy.
- Assesses/controls major bleeding
- check pulse
- assesses skin color (color, temperature and condition)
- Signs and symptoms (assess history of present illness)
- Pertinent history
- Last oral intake
- Event leading to present condition
Signs and Symptoms
When did the problem start or get worse?
- Is there anything that makes it better?
- Is there anything that makes it worse?
Can you describe the pain? Is it sharp, dull, achey, or pressured?
Does the pain radiate or move to any other location?
On a scale of 0-10 (0 being no pain and 10 being the worst imaginable) where do you rate your pain?
How long has the condition been going on?
Assess the affected body part or system
- Psychological/ Social
- Blood Pressure
- Respiratory rate and quality
- State Field impression
- Interventions [verbalize proper interventions/treatment]
Demonstrate how and when to reassess the patient to determine changes in condition.
Provide accurate verbal report to arriving EMS unit.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview