Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- friendly and easy to like
- E.g. The driver was an amiable young man.
- E.g. She was in an amiable mood.
- To put someone or something in danger of being hurt, damaged, or destroyed.
- E.g. Smoking during pregnancy endangers your baby's life.
- to begin or to start something
- E.g. Work will commence on the new building immediately.
- E.g. Your first evaluation will be six months after you commence employment.
- to officially end a law, system etc, especially one that has existed for a long time
- E.g. Slavery was abolished in the US in the 19th century.
- something that you say, do, or give in order to express your respect or admiration for someone:
- E.g. The players wore black armbands as a tribute to their late teammate.
- E.g. I'd like to pay tribute to (=praise and admire publicly) the party workers for all their hard work.
- a situation in which everything is happening in a confused way and nothing is organized or arranged in order:
- E.g. The country was plunged into economic chaos.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview