Card Set Information
obs + gynae
1. How is recurrent miscarriage defined?
3 or more miscarriages in succession.
2. What are the chances of miscarriage in fourth pregnancy, given 3 consecutive miscarriages?
3. What are the causes of recurrent miscarriage?
autoimmune (SLE, anti-phospholipid), anatomical (fibroids, congenital), chromosomal defects, other (obesity, smoking, poorly controlled diabetes)
4. What is management for SLE or anti-phospholipid syndrome?
Aspirin and low dose heparin
5. How do you investigate recurrent miscarriage?
lupus anticoagulant, anticardioplipin antibodies, hysteroscopy, random glucose and thyroid function, karyotyping of both parents.