Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. How is recurrent miscarriage defined?
3 or more miscarriages in succession.
2. What are the chances of miscarriage in fourth pregnancy, given 3 consecutive miscarriages?
3. What are the causes of recurrent miscarriage?
autoimmune (SLE, anti-phospholipid), anatomical (fibroids, congenital), chromosomal defects, other (obesity, smoking, poorly controlled diabetes)
4. What is management for SLE or anti-phospholipid syndrome?
Aspirin and low dose heparin
5. How do you investigate recurrent miscarriage?
lupus anticoagulant, anticardioplipin antibodies, hysteroscopy, random glucose and thyroid function, karyotyping of both parents.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview