Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name some advantages of thermography?
- Allows measurement without having to operate or cause harm/complications
- Non invasive, nothing enters the body
- Shows a visual picture so temperatures can be compared over a large surface area
Name some disadvantages of thermography?
- Difficult to measure temperature accurately
- Expensive equipment
- Results can be difficult to interpret
What is thermography?
Thermography is the detection with a camera of infrared radiation emitted by the body.
What can thermography detect?
- - It can detect abnormal heating which can indicate infection.
- - It can also detect breast cancer, it detects the different amount of hear emitted so the different colours are shown on the thermograph and then this is compared to a normal thermograph.
Is thermography considered safe?
Yes it is because nothing enters the body.
What does the image show?
An image will be shown and the colour of the image relates to the temperature.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview