Moliere's Tartuffe 1939 MAT
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- too preoccupied with design as a means of creating truth
- all creativity came from him
- overlooked importance of acting
- eliminated use of "Inner Action" (process for actors to explore their characters)
- eliminated use of "Magic If" (extrapolating motives by asking hypothetical)
- work in tandem
"All actors must have a purpose on stage"
- Heavily improvised - develop characters organically
- forbade exact learning
- rejected complex mise-en-scenes (diminished actors ability to create themselves)
- burn meticulous notes
Circles of Attention
- improve focus and concentration
- to eliminate the audience from your consciousness to allow true connections
- the value of isolating yourself on the stage
Method of Physical Action
- dedication to ensemble playing
- extrapolated emotions of characters through highly physical processes of improvisation
- a series of physical activities to create the desired emotional response for the character.
- Actor consciously targets and controls subconscious emotions
- importance of awareness
- Isadora Duncan
- encouraged to find through series of exercises
- enhance their performance by developing an appropriate speed at which they act
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview