Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
10 plagues of Egypt - what?
Biblical bk Exodus, 10 calamities Israel's God inflicted upon Egypt to persuade Pharaoh to release the ill-treated Israelites from slavery.
Pharaoh capitulated after the tenth plague, triggering the Exodus of the Hebrew people.
10 plagues of Egypt - list
- 1. Water into blood
- 2. Frogs
- 3. Lice
- 4. Wild animals or flies
- 5. Deceased livestock
- 6. Boils
- 7. Storms of fire
- 8. Locusts
- 9. Darkness
- 10. Death of firstborn
sound & fury
- She should have died hereafter;
- There would have been a time for such a word.
- Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
- Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
- To the last syllable of recorded time;
- And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
- The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
- Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
- That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
- And then is heard no more. It is a tale
- Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
- Signifying nothing.
- — Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview