What are the Project Management Process Groups (or Process Groups)?
• Initiating Process Group. Those processes performed to define a new project or a new phase of an existing project by obtaining authorization to start the project or phase.
• Planning Process Group. Those processes required to establish the scope of the project, refine the objectives, and define the course of action required to attain the objectives that the project was undertaken to achieve.
• Executing Process Group. Those processes performed to complete the work defined in the projectmanagement plan to satisfy the project specifications.
• Monitoring and Controlling Process Group. Those processes required to track, review, and regulate the progress and performance of the project; identify any areas in which changes to the plan are required;and initiate the corresponding changes.
• Closing Process Group. Those processes performed to finalize all activities across all Process Groups to formally close the project or phase.