Unit 13 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj. Deviating from the normal pattern.
- Sentence: She was an aberrant, abnormal person by society's standards.
- adj. wrong/inaccurate
- Sentence: The erroneous grading of the exams caused many students to fail.
- adj. wandering or straying
- Sentence: The errant tourist eventually found their way back to their hotel.
- v. to lower something/someone's worth
- Sentence: The degrading comments about her short stature made her angry and depressed.
- n. a coming together
- Sentence: The congress of colors in the painting was ingenious and beautiful.
- n. the act of leaving
- Sentence: She had lost site of the egress areas in the building.
- v. to come together
- Sentence: All the knights convened at the castle.
- n. a mutual agreement
- Sentence: Breaking a legal covenant was punishable by death.
- v. to avoid by bypassing
- Sentence: I tend to circumvent the people I don't like by taking different hallways.
- adj. hasty and superficial
- Sentence: I took a cursory look over the test instructions, and as a result, I incorrectly answered many questions.
- n. something that comes before
- Sentence: A lazy attitude is a precursor to many one-nighters and late assignments.
- n. option
- Sentence: After failing the midterms, extra credit was my only recourse in raising my grade.
- n. an attack or invasion
- Sentence: The incursion on enemy territory was a failure.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview