COMM test 2 vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
words, phrases, or sentences that tie the speech ideas together
For moving to different points
- Stimulate listeners to anticipate answers
- Often used as transitions
Declares main points and supporting points as a sentence
Partial construction of sentence outline of the main points
Used to help become familiar with speech
Uses smallest possible units of understanding to outline the main and supporting points
Words that are more specific in describing, more "colorful"
- most obvious vocal element
range of high to low sounds in voice
- the rise or fall in pitch
- (rate of pitch)
represent the supporting material or evidence for the main points
- between impromptu and memorized speeches
- Using an outline
- Sets a definite structure with flexibility
- Allows for more eye contact and more knowledge of topic
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview