Anatomy questions set1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the functions of the circulatory system ?
1.Supply's oxygenated Blood to all cells
2.Transports Nutrients to all cells
3.Removes waste material like co2
4.Helps to fight Infection
5.Helps with temperature regulation
What are the functions of the skeletal system ?
1. Provides shape and structure
2. Provides support and movement
3. Provides protection for vital Organs
4. Bones produce Blood cells
5. Provides storage for minerals
Why is calcium such an Important Mineral ?
1.Calcium strengthens Bones and teeth
2.Aids the functioning of Muscles and nerves
3.Regulates the blood acid balance of the body
4.Is vital for kidney and brain function
5.Is vital for brain function and many other cell processes
Name the three bones on each side of the Pelvic girdle ?
3.The Pubis or pubic Bone
What are the Main functions of the vertebral column ?
1. Provides Support
2. Protects the spinal cord
3. Acts as a shock Absorber
4. Allows for limited Range of Movement
What are the functions of the Muscular system ?
1. Generates movement
2. Stabilizes Joints
3. Maintains Posture
- 4. Helps to regulate Temperature Control
What can a muscle do ?
1. A muscle can only contract/shorten
2. Or stop contracting/Relax
During what exercise would a muscle push a bone ?
1. A muscle only ever pulls a bone it never pushes it
Name the two different types of Contraction ?
1. Isometric = The muscle contracts but no movement occurs
2. Isotonic = The muscle contracts and movement occurs
How many vertebrae are in the coccyx ?
There are four fused Vertebrae In the coccyx
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview