Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The systematic study of human society and social interaction.
A large social grouping that shares the same geographical territory and is subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations.
C Wright Mills's term for the ability to see the relationship between individual experiences and the larger society.
Relationship in which the lives of all people are intertwined closely and any one nations problems are part of a larger global problem.
A popular but false notion that may be used, either intentionally or unintentionally, to perpetuate certain beliefs of theories even in light of conclusive evidence to the contrary.
High Income Countries
- Industrial Countries.
- - Nations with highly industrialized economies.
- - Technologically advanced industrial, administrative, and service occupations.
- - Relatively high levels of national and personal income.
(United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Western Europe)
- Developing Countries
- - Industrializing economies
- - Moderate levels of national and personal income
(Eastern Europe, Latin American such as Brazil and Mexico)
- Underdeveloped Countries
- - Little industrialization
- - Low levels of national and personal income.
(Africa, Asia, China, India)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview