Unit 14 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- n. good morality
- Ex: She had good virtues, making her level headed and open-minded.
- adj. masculine, manly
- Ex: Despite his virile appearance, he is surprisingly very feminine.
- n. someone gifted in a particular area
- Ex: The fine arts virtuoso had many paintings featured in the gallery.
- n. A leader who appeals to people to gain power.
- Ex: She claimed the government as a demagogue, for she appealed to many different groups to vote for her until she got elected.
- adj. having certain characteristics in common
- Ex: The demographic group of functionally literate people is startling small.
- adj. Having an effect on a large area.
- Ex: The new fashion pandemic was ridiculously gaudy.
- adj. worldly or sophisticated
- Ex: In the bland and normal town, he felt like the only cosmopolitan person in the world.
- v. To give political character to something
- Ex: The shootings were politicized by the pro-guns opposition.
- adj. not political, having no interest in politics
- Ex: I am not interested in government because I am an apolitical person.
- n. Politeness
- Ex: His civilty was a breath of fresh air in the sea of rudeness.
- adj. Having to do with the business of government or the city.
- Ex: The town hall was the town' s only civic building.
- v. To refine or to make more cultured
- Ex: Jane attempted to civilize Tarzan.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview