Is the order of drawing for capillary blood specimens
1.Severly burned pt.
2. oncology pt whose veins are reserved for theraputic purposes
3. obese pt whose veins are to deep to locate
4. Geriatric pt. or other pt whose vein are inaccessessible or very fragile
5. (POCT) in health care facility
five situations where a skin puncture would be preferable over a venipuncture.
1.The alchohol used to clean the skin was not allowed to dry
2. The finger or heel was squeezed too vigorously in an attempt to produce greater blood flow
3. Increased red fragility and high red blood cell ( RBC) volume in newborn infants
4. Blood scraping off instead of allowing blood to flow into the microcollection container