Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1 :marked by prosperity : flourishing
- 2 :abounding in or bearing palms
- 1.(in an ancient Roman villa) a garden walk planted with trees.
- 2.(in ancient Greek and Roman architecture) a covered portico, as a promenade.
- 1 :a harsh settlement unilaterally imposed (as on a defeated nation)
- 2 :decree, order
noun :construction (as of a sculpture or a structure of ideas) achieved by using whatever comes to hand; also : something constructed in this way
- 1a :slender, lithe
- b :having even and smooth lines : sleek
- 2 :urbane, suave
adjective :ostentatiously learned : pedantic
1.foamy; foamlike; frothy.
- 1 :to foretell (something) or to predict the future especially from omens
- 2 :to give promise of : presage
1.a writer of aphorisms.
- 1 :having a reddish glow
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview