The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1 membrane spanning helix
- C-terminus Inside cell
- Single spanning helix
- NH3 on inside of cell
Multiple transmembrane helicies, 1 polypeptide chain
- Several transmembrane domains
- Different polypeptides
Lipid linked polypeptide chain
Transmembrane helix(ces) and a lipid linked section
Moves a phospholipid from the outer leaflet to the cytosolic leaflet.
Moves a phospholipid from the cytosolic leaflet to the outer leaflet.
Moves lipids in either direction toward equilibrium.
- Non polar molecules only
- move down concentration gradient
Down Electrochemical Gradient through a channel
Primary Active Transport
Movement against electrochemical gradient through a channel using ATP.
Secondary Active Transport
Move against electrochemical gradient driven by ion moving down its gradient
- Movement down elecrochemical gradient.
- May be gated by ligand or ion.
- All tissues
- Glucose Uptake
- Liver=removal of excess glucose from blood
- pancrease= regulation of insulin release
Glucose uptake in the brain
- Activity increased by insulin