Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
alveolar air equation
PAO2= FIO2 *(PB-47)-(PACO2/.8)
what are the factors of abg and what do they tell us?
- ph - acid base status
- pao2 -hypoxemia?
- sao2 - how well sat hem is with o2
what is the indication for mechanical ventilation
- acute ventilatory failure (ph of <ph7.3, PaCo2 > 50)
- Impending ventilatory failure
what are the contraindication for mechanical ventilation?
untreated tension pneumothorax
goals of mechanical ventilation
- maintain physiologic ventilation
- improve efficiency of external respiration
- decrease WOB & myocardial work
what is normal physiological ventilaton
what is negative pressure ventilation
trans- airway pressure created by decreasing the alveoliar pressure to below airway opening pressure
what is positive pressure ventilation
overcome resistance and compliance in order to decrease WOB
theory of operation?
- power source: electrical and pneomatic (gas)
- combo vents mostly used in icu
positive or negative ventilator
control systems or circuits: refer to user interface ( internal function of machine)
how does a pneumatic power ventilator how does it work ?
provides energy to deliver a breath
how does electrical source
decribe phase variable triggering
trigger a breath
we will see a sensitive knob on the
mechanism of triggering
- pt triggered pressure sense a drop in pressure
- sensitivity is usually set to 2cm h20
flow sense a a drop in flow.. then it will deliver a breath
time: we set frequency this time automatically
what mechanism would you use on a patient that has no inspiratory?
describe phase variable cycling
what ends inspiration
describe the phase variable limit
the maximum value a variable can attain (alarm)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview