Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- tags ""
- folders ""
- description ""
- fileName "block5.10"
- what software is used to connect the buffalo router to wireless clients
- client manager 3 (CM3)
what mode must the airstation be set to
what port does the cable from the floor jack plug into
what is the default network of the buffalo airstation router
what is the default IP address used with the web tool
what information does the wireless configuration button display
displays the configuration screen for security
what information does the internet information option display
displays WAN-side system information for the airstation
what are the two different formats for a pre-shaped key
- broadcast SSID
- use multi security functions
- SSID3 separate feature
- wireless authentication
what is WEP
wired equivalent privacy
what is TKIP
temporal key integrity protocol
what is AES
what configuration option is used to configure a WAN-side port
- method of acquiring IP address
- default gateway
- address of DNS name server
- internet MAC address
- MTU size of internet port
what type of wireless networks can the linksys express card connect to
how is connectivity with the router verified
ping default gateway
what is the web address for the ALTIS intranet
what does NIPRNET stand for
unclassified internet protocol routing network
what does SIPRNET stand for
secret internet protocol routing network
what are the five steps involved in the network security implementation
- 1: asset identification
- 2: threat assessment
- 3: risk assessment
- 4: network security policy and architecture implementation
- 5: audit and improvement
- key phase: a true rapist never ask
what are the four things audits are used for
- verify proper operation of implemented security measures
- identify vulnerabilities with current security measures
- identify end user patterns that can be subjected to attacks
- determine new security requirements
what are three ways physical security for end user aggregation devices can be implemented
- rack mounting the units
- locating the rack high on the wall
- using lockable mounting cabinets
where should edge and core devices be located at
a secure wiring closet
list other security issues that need to be considered
- redundant network locals
- network topology
- secure media
- power supply system
what does TTY stand for
what does VTY stand for
what are two encryption methods for configuration passwords
- message digest 5 (MD5)
- secure hash algorithm (SHA)
what are loopback interfaces
is a virtual interface that can be used for inter-device communication
what word should never be used on a login banner
what does WPS stand for
Wireless Protected Setup (WPS)
what does NAS stand for
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
what does WPA stand for
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)
what does AOSS stand for
AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure Setup).
what does the log out from the configuration screen of the airstation do
- If the AirStation does not communicate for 5 minutes, it will log out automatically.
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol/Advanced Encryption Standard (TKIP/AES) mixed mode can be selected only when WPA/WPA2 mixed mode - PSK (pre-shared key) is selected for Wireless authentication.
what is WPA-PSK (pre-shared key) do and what is it know as
- A pre-shared key or passphrase is the “password” for the technician’s wireless connections.
- There are two different formats for a pre-shared key. Use 8 to 63 alphanumeric characters (case-sensitive) for a “character” (ASCII) passphrase, or use 64 digits using 0 to 9 and a to f (not case-sensitive) for a “hexadecimal” passphrase.
what is the set up wired equivalent privacy encryption key do
- A WEP encryption key (passphrase) may have any of four different formats.
- A “character” (ASCII) passphrase may use either 5 or 13 alphanumeric characters (case-sensitive).
- A “hexadecimal” passphrase may use either 10 or 26 digits using 0 to 9 and a to f (not casesensitive). 2127 FOR TRAINING USE ONLY
what does WEP stand for
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
what is the login banner
- A login banner should advertise that unauthorized access to the system is prohibited.
- A login banner can also advertise that access to the system will be tracked and monitored.
- Do NOT use the word “Welcome” in a login banner.
- Do NOT include information regarding any of the following items in a login banner:
- 1. Operating System
- 2. Hardware
- 3. Logical Configuration
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview