Band Saw Safety
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The purpose of this machine is to cut irregular shapes out of wood, plastic, or metal.
What determines the size of the Band Saw?
Diameter of the wheel
What is the size of our Band Saw?
What is the longest board one can cut on the Band Saw?
Two things you should do if you get cut?
- 1. Apply Pressure to the cut.
- 2. Find your Teacher
What is the name of the knob that is only thing a student can touch or adjust on the Band Saw?
Name the Parts of a Board.
Measuring a Board.
- A. Height/Thickness (Face to Face)
- B. Width (Edge to Edge)
- C. Length (End to End)
Grain Direction always flows from?
End to End
What type of cut is made against the grain? (Edge to Edge)
What type of cut is made with the grain? (End to End)
Name the Turn On Procedures for the Band Saw.
- 1. Raise the Guard 1/8" above the bd.
- 2. Check the bd., make sure it slides freely on both sides of the blade.
- 3. Make sure your pinky won't fit between the guard & bd.
- 4. Turn on the Band Saw
Name the Turn Off Procedures for the Band Saw.
- 1. Turn off Band Saw
- 2. Wait for Blade to stop completely.
- 3. Remove scraps using a piece of wood.
- 4. Lower the Guard.
Which cut on the Band Saw is more dangerous?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview