Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Pneumatic Ventilators us what for a drive gas?
1. 100% O2 or Air. Air compresses bellows to deliver internal bellow gas to the patient.
1. What are the different types of Ventilator Modes?
- 1. Vol. control - Delivers set vol or when pMax is reached
- 2. Pressure control - Target pressure is set and maintianed for a certain amnt. time. Thus TV varies.
1. Most common Ventilators use Ascending or Descending? Why?
- 1. Ascending - No chance for neg pressure.
- 2. Ascend = ascend during EXpiration
1. What valve prevents build up of pressure in the bellows? 2. When does it remain open? 3. Shut during______ unless set pressure exceeded. Where does the gas exit?
- 1. overflow or spill valve
- 2. during expiratory phase and drive gas is emptying due to bellow filling.
- 3. inspiration
- 4. scavenger.
What should be your reaction to an unresolvable alarm?
1. Turn off vent. increase flows and manually ventilate.
1. What would a reverse flow alarm potentially mean?
1. incompitent unidirectional expiratory valve.
What is PSV?
- 1. Pressure Support Ventilation
- 2. Requires SPONTANEOUS vent.
- 3. Will switch to backup mode if no spontaneous breathing after 15-30 secs.
1. What is VCV or CMV?
3. normal Peak Pressure and vol?
- 1. Volume control ventilation - Delivers set Vol up to PIP (peak insp. press.)
- - Gas delivered at constant flow "Shark fin".
- - Modify rate and volume adjust to meet ETCO2 requirements.
- 2. Barotrauma
- 3. 40 cm H2O/ TV - 10ml/kg.
1. PCV and How it works?
2. What pts need a larger volume thus > PIP setting?
3. What is PCV - VG
- 1. Pressure controlled mandatory ventilation.
- - Delivers vol. up to set PIP and stops. Vol is pt lung dependent.
- - Great for kids, non-compliant lungs, LMA (PIP 20mm h20)
- 2. Pregnant, Laparoscopic sx (pneumoperitoneum), obese, ARDS.
- 3. VG = dynamically adjust insp pressure to guarantee min Volume.
- 1. Spontaneous Intermittent Manditory Ventialation
- 2. Delivers up to set Volume
- 3. Delivers up to set Pressure
- 3. Delivers up to set pressure - Dynamically regulates PIP to ensure Volume.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview