Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Inotropic agent
- Synthetic catecholamine
- Increases myocardial contractility/stroke volume
- Increases cardiac output
- Minimal chronotropic activity
- Increase renal blood flow
- Cardiogenic shock
- CHF(when and increase in cardiac output without an increase in HR is desirable)
- Left ventricular dysfunction
- Often used in conjunction with other drugs
- Should not be used as the sole agent in hypovolemic shock
- To increase cardiac output in severe emergencies such as cardiogenic shock Dopamine is the preferred agent.
- May increase infarct size in PTs with MI
Adult: IV infusion at 2-20mcg/kg/min titrated to effects
Peds: same as adult
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview