The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
platelet count norm
platelet count for some limitations, mod exercise, light exercise, and just ROM, ADL, amb w MD approval
WBC count norms
WBC ranges for light, no exercise, protective mask req
hemoglobin ranges for light exercise, no exercise
- percent of RBCs in whole blood
- women 27-48%
- men 45-52%
hematocrit - when no exercise?
stroke volume norm
cardiac output norms
- cardiac output divided by body surface area
- 2.5-3.5 L/min
international normalized ratio
- but if there's DVT, PE, mechanical valves, A-fib, anticoag meds, target INR is 2-3
ejection fraction norm
- if it's lower, that's more impairment
parasymp stim to heart (cholinergic) triggers release of what? Does what to coronary arteries?
symp stim / adrenergic to heart triggers rel of what? does what to coronary arteries? to cutaneous?
baroreceptors/pressoreceptors do what?
- regulate HR in response to BP
- located in walls of aortic arch and carotid sinus
chemoreceptors trigger increase in HR if there are what changes to CO2, O2, pH
increase, decrease, decrease (more lactic acid)
chemoreceptors are located where?
hypermagnesemia does what to heart?
can lead to arrhytmias or cardiac arrest bc magnesium is a calcium blocker
hypomagnesemia causes what?
- ventricular arrhythmias
- coronary artery vasospasm
- sudden death
shortened ventricular systole and decreased peripheral pressure; aortic insufficiency can lead to what kind of pulse?
bony landmark for aortic valve
2nd R intercostal space at sternal border
bony landmark for pulmonic valve
2nd L intercostal space at sternal border
bony landmark for tricuspid valve
4th L intercostal space at sternal border
bony landmark for mitral valve
5th L intercostal space at midclavicular line
- adventitious heart sound
- arterial or venous
- common in carotid or femoral arteries
- indicative of atherosclerosis
- associated w ventricular filling
- may be indicative of congestive heart failure
- if it's present w/o S4 it's a "gallop rhythm"
indicative of coronary artery disease, MI, aortic stenosis, chronic HTN
associated w ventricular filling and atrial contraction