Integrated Causes of Hypoxic
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What are 4 causes of hypoxia?
- 1. Hypoxic gas mixture
- 2. Prob with flow control valve or flowmeters
- 3. Oxygen leak to atmosphere
- 4. Air entrainment
What can cause an incorrect Gas supply?
- 1. problem with pipeline
- 2. problem with cylinder
- 3. crossover of O2 and N2O in machine
- - i.e. N2O delivered via O2 flowmeter.
What action MUST you take if you suspect pipeline O2 is delivering < 100% O2.
1. OPEN O2 cylinder and disconnect pipeline.
1. What is the minimum oxygen ratio device or proportioning system?
1. Maintains at least a 25% O2 when N2O is in use
1. What is air entrainment?
1. Pressure loss in system < atmospheric pressure.... so, air is drawn into system via leak or disconnection.
1. What is the most common anesthesia mishap?
2. most common location.
3. alarms that will detect disconnection?
- 1. Disconnection
- 2. between breathing system and ET tube
- 3. low pressure, low volume, low ETCO2
1. What are causes of negative pressure in the breathing system?
- 1. Defective inlet valve of closed suctioning system
- 2. suction NGT in trachea
What are causes of hypercapnia
- 1. Exhausted absorbent
- 2. faulty unidirectional valves
- 3. excessive dead space.
- 4. hypoventilation (inspired CO2 will be ZERO if hypoventilation sole cause)
A. Excessive Airway pressure can cause what problems?
B. Excessive airway pressure can be caused by what 2 ways?
- 1. Barotrauma - Pneumothorax
- 2. CV compromise
- 3. interfere with ventilation
- 4. interfere with surgical procedure
- B. High flow and low outflow pressure build up.
1. High flow excessive pressure can be caused by what?
2. Low outflow causing excessive pressure
- 1. O2 emergency flush stuck or used during inspiration.
- 2. - Kinked expiratory limb
- - stuck spillover or overflow valve
- - Obstructed scavenging system
- - obstructed APL
1. what are some problems that may arise with the vaporizors?
- 1. accidentally left on
- 2. over filled
- 3. not seated correctly
- 4. filled with wrong agent
- 5. vaporizer not locked
- 6. interlock failure
- 7. cap not on tight
- 8. cant be tipped
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview