The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. what institution regulates anesthesia machine standards?
1. ASTM F1850 - American Society for Testing Materials.
1. What Organizational body regulates WAG and what standard have they set?
1. OSHA 1991 - no > 2ppm halogen. no > 25 ppm nitrous
1. What organiztion regulates performance and safety requirements of anesthesia machine, ett and connections, pressure and vaccum, and gas pressure regulators?
1. ANSI - American National Standards Institute.
1. According to what code must the content of the cylinder must be verified by reading the label that is affixed to the container before using?
2. All cylinders must be color coded based on its?
- 1. Bureau of Standards of the US Dept of Commerce.
- 2. Content
What color is O2 tank?
What color is Air tank?
What color is nitrous tank?
- Green - Internation white
- Yellow - white or black
- Blue - Blue
1. What the difference between PSI, PSIA, and PSIG?
2. So what is the PSIA at 1 ATM/sea level?
- PSI - Pounds per square inch.
- PSIA - ATM + PSIG
- PSIG - calibrated to read ZERO at 1 ATM (14.7)
- 2. 14.7 psia
1. What is Cryogenic liquids?
2. Give examples relative to anesthesia gas supply where this is utilized?
- 1. Gases that must be cooled in order for it to turn to a liquid. No amount of pressure will turn it to a liquid. must decrease temp.
- 2. O2, N2, Helium, Air
1. Give examples of liquefied compressed gas at ambient temp?
2. At what pressure will they become liquid
- 1. CO2 and N2O
- 2. 25 - 1500 psig
1. What is critical Temp and pressure?
2. what is the critical temp and pressure of liquid O2?
- 1. Temp and pressure it must be to become liquid from gas.
- 2. -119 C and 731 psi
1. How much backup gas supply must a hospital have.
1. NFPA requires - amnt. Equal to the average daily gas usage
1. What is the critical temp for N2O?
2. At room temp, is N2O a gas or liquid
- 1. 36.5 C above room temp
- 2. gas
1. What is E-cylinder capacity O2, Air, and N2 in liters? and pressures?
2. what is the capacity of N2O? and pressure?
- 1. 625 -700 Liters. 1800 -2200 psi
- 2. 1590 liters. 745 psi
1. Cylinder pressure is an indicator volume. But it is not an indicator of volume if?
1. It is a partially gas and liquid state.
1. What are the types of valves that prevent a tank from rupture?
- 1. Fangible -ruptures at certain pressure
- 2. spring loaded - opens at set high pressure
- 3. fusible plug - melts at a specific temp
1. What is the most vulnerable part of the cylinder.
1. Valve stem.
1. what is PISS?
2. what does it do?
- 1. Pin Index Safety System
- 2. Prevents conection of wrong tanks.
1. What is DISS?
2. What is it Used for?
- 1. Diameter Index Safety System - Uses noninterchaingable threaded fittings to connect gas powered devices to station outlets.
- 2. prevents switching of pipeline supply. Each connector has a different diameter
1. What are Pipeline and Cylinder check valves?
- 1. Pipeline Check valve - prevents cylinder O2 from entering pipeline.
- 2. Cylinder Check valve - prevent Pipeline O2 from entering cylinder.