Facial plastics and reconstructive surgery
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "Jenna Rebelo"
- tags ""
- folders "ent"
- description ""
- fileName "Facial plastics and reconstructive surgery"
- Describe the design and ideal conditions for a bilobed flap
- Place incisions on aesthetic borders and RSTLs
- Double transposition flap w one base
- Each lobe 45 to 50 degrees for total transposition under 100 degrees
- Drawback: getting scars to fall in RSTLS
- Primary lobe - size of defect
- Secondary lobe - 80-85% size of defect
- Thin mobile skin on patient
- Nasal tip or supratip defect
- Defect 1.5cm or less
- Based laterally
- Secondary lobe axis perpendicular to alar rim to avoid displacing it (ideal location is zone of transition between tip, ala, side wall)
What are the aesthetic subunit of the nose (6)
- 1- Dorsum
- 2- sidewall
- 3- Alar nostril sill
- 4- tip
- 5- Columella
- 6- soft triangle
Name the steps of the reconstructive ladder
- 2° intention
- 1° closure
- Local flaps
- (tissue expanders?)
- regional flaps
- free flaps
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview