Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "Jenna Rebelo"
- tags "ENT"
- folders "ENT"
- description ""
- fileName "Rhinology"
- ABCDE's of fungal rhinosinusitis (Radiologic)
- Bony erosion
- Dual density
ABCDE's of allergic fungal sinusitis (Microbiology)
what is the embryology of the frontal sinus?
- 4mos fetal life → frontal recess
- Last sinus to develop, not usually formed at birth
- Anterior ethmoid invaginates into frontal bone at 2 years → grows at 1.5mm/yr
- Growth completed by age 20
What are the borders of the frontal recess?
- Anterior → frontal "beak"
- Posterior → ethmoid bulla
- Medial → middle turbinate
- Lateral → lamina papyracea
What are Kuhn's cells & what are the types?
- Types of cells found in frontal recess/sinus that can alter the frontal sinus drainage pathway
- 4 types
- 1) agger nasi
- 2) frontoethmoidal
- 3) Intersinus septal cells
- 4) cells from bulla ethmoidalis/suprabullar region
Modified by Wormald
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview