Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the EEG/PSG findings of N1 sleep?
- Theta waves
- Slow rolling eye movement
- Vertex sharp waves
what are the EEG findings of N2 sleep?
- K complexes
- sleep spindles
what are the EEG findings of N3 sleep?
what are the EEG findings of REM sleep?
- Sawtooth wares or EEG activation
- Rapid eye movement
- Muscle atonia
In which stage of sleep is most time spent? What % of total sleep time?
Define the AHI
Apnea hypopnea index = # apneas + # hypopneas per hour
Define an apnea
Cessation of airflow at least 10s
Provide the 2 definitions of hypopnea
- Airflow reduction >30% x 10s with >4% desat, OR
- Airflow reduction >50% x 10s with >3% desat or EEG arousal
Define a respiratory effort related arousal (RERA)
- At least 10s
- Sequence of breaths with increasing resp effort OR
- flattening of nasal pressure waveform
- Leads to arousal
- Does not meet criteria for an apnea or hypopnea
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview